- There are a few options available to a Compensation administrator when it it comes to worksheet modifications
- This KB article explains how to change live Compensation or Variable Pay program data
- SAP SuccessFactors Compensation
- SAP SuccessFactors Variable Pay
- Testing thoroughly before launching to end users is the best way to prevent issues in the first place
- Do not launch any live worksheets until you are 100% sure of their integrity so that updates to live forms are not required
- If you have not yet launched worksheets, and are looking for information on updating your program see KB article 2084014
Data Changes for Reloadable Fields
- Compensation and Variable Pay programs are heavily data driven processes
- When worksheets are setup correctly, fields that can be updated will be set as reloadable
- For information on reimporting new values to live worksheets please see KB article 2084190
Note: If a field was not set as reloadable prior to launching it will not be possible to change on live worksheets
Changes to Live Forms and Programs via Admin Tools
- Some options via admin tools apply to live worksheets
- These are the ONLY supported options available and include:
- Add or delete people from worksheets > Admin Tools > Plan > Manage Worksheet > Add Employee/Delete Employee
- Correcting a person who is on the wrong worksheet > Admin Tools > Plan > Manage Worksheets > Move Employee
- Change the eligibility rules > Admin Tools > Compensation > Template Advanced Settings > Eligibility Rules > Apply
- Change the currency conversion rates > Admin > Compensation > Manage Currency Conversion Rate Tables
Note: This Immediately applies to all worksheets, including completed worksheets. Use a new table for each new program to avoid accidental changes to other programs
- Allow edit of completed worksheets > Admin Tools > Compensation > Template Advanced Settings > Allow edit of completed Compensation forms
- Prevent people from editing completed worksheets > Admin Tools > Compensation > Template Advanced Settings > Allow edit of completed Compensation forms
- Values on completed forms via Executive Review import. It is possible to correct some data even on completed forms via Executive Review > Export > Update > Import
- Hide Statements from users > Go to Admin Tools > Configure Employee Files, make sure the status of Comp or Variable Pay Statement is unchecked
- You can launch new/updated statements to individuals if their information has changed
- It is not possible to change live statement design. You will need to update statement template via Admin Tools > recall old statements > create new statements
- Improve Executive Review performance by not loading live data on every interaction > Admin Tools > Compensation > Template Advanced Settings > Executive Review: do not automatically retrieve compensation data
- Enable in-line editing via Executive Reviews: Ask support to enable > Provisioning > Company Settings > Use edit-in-place for executive review edit
- Enable or disable the ability for executives to download and mass update Executive Review via Excel upload: Ask support to enable > Provisioning > Company Settings > Enable Compensation Excel Offline Edit
- Enable or disable the rollup report > Admin Tools > Compensation > Template Advanced Settings > Enable Roll-up Report
- Enable or disable budget holdbacks > Admin Tools > Compensation > Template Advanced Settings > Include holdback amount in planner budget
- Enable or disable Team Budget View > Admin Tools > Compensation > Template Advanced Settings > Executive review: enable team budget view
- Enable or disable hierarchy based approvals (HBA) > Admin Tools > Compensation > Template Advanced Settings > Enable Compensation Hierarchy Based Approvals
- Customize Profile Layout: Compa Ratio text, Range Penetration text, and section name may be customized using the text replacement admin tool. > Admin Tools > Text Replacement
- Customize Profile: Compensation Period History View > Admin Tools > Compensation > Actions for All Plans > Compensation Profile page and select the plan to edit > Define Compensation Period History View
- Change the currency/number format > From any page > Options Menu > Compensation Number Format
- Change the number of displayed records per page > Admin Tools > Compensation > Template Advanced Settings > Maximum Page Size
- Adjust the youCalc size (report widgets) Admin Tools > Compensation > Template Advanced Settings > Maximum YouCalc Entry Size
Using Update Compensation Form and Update Compensation Form for Template
- For information on how to pull new data into worksheets see KB article 2084675
- This functionality enables you to update the forms attached to a comp or VP program template
- Typically, this needs to be run after you have imported new data
Changes NOT Supported in Live Programs:
- Changing the order of columns once worksheets are live.
- Add, Delete, or Hide a Field Column.
- Changing the PM form its connected to.
- Changing the fields currently set as reportable.
- Proration Variables.
- Changing Rating Source.
- Worksheet Tab names.
- Plan Setup Settings.
- Add, update or remove Youcalc widget.
- Changing field or program calculations.
- Program guidelines.
- Changing Currency views: Functional Currency, Planner Currency, Local Currency
- Variabe Pay Program Properties Screen.
- Most budget data through Plan Setup> Plan Details> Budget (only changing components updates live worksheets)
- EC Integration Points.
- Variable Pay Goal Sections.
- Change Alerts/Messages and warnings.
- Start-End date of period.
- Message Keys. The form localization attribute msgKey is not supported.
- Disable quick cards in the worksheet.
- Changing the reportable flag.
- Updating CalcTotal xml flag.
- any other fields that will result in mapping to the custom fields in comp_entry.
- rating-source elements or p4p data change.
- In case of embedded comp forms, changing comp template id in the pm template xml is disallowed.
- comp-manager-hierarchy and rollup-users attribute values calculated-rating-labelunrated-rating.
Note: This is NOT a definitive list
Custom XML Configuration Changes to Live Worksheets
XML changes for live Compensation or VarPay programs are not supported
- KB article 2084190 - Reloadable fields and Import Keys - Compensation
- KB article 2084014 - Online Change Consultant - Creating and Updating Compensation Programs - Compensation
- KB article 2084675 - Update Compensation Forms and Update Compensation Forms for Template - Compensation
- KB article 2195717 - XML Software Change Requests for Compensation and Variable Pay Programs - Compensation
live data, compensation live data, variable pay live data, supported changes, data, worksheet data, live worksheet data, SF, success factors, CMP, VRP, budget changes, form changes, xml changes , KBA , sf comp admin , sf compensation manage data , modify form configuration compensation , modify form configuration , compensation provisioning , LOD-SF-CMP-FRM , Forms & Templates , LOD-SF-VRP-FRM , Forms & Templates , How To
SAP SuccessFactors Compensation all versions ; SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite all versions
|Definitive Guide Changes to Live Forms.docx|