This KB article provides detailed information for users attempting to build their own calculations within Compensation & Variable Pay.
- Support is typically unable to troubleshoot any custom calculations (formula) when these are either broken or you are unable to create a valid calculation.
- Calculations are by nature complex and unique to your plan and should be developed with assistance from a paid partner or professional services engagement.
- If you do encounter calculation issues with custom formulas etc we would recommend the formula to be broken down. This will identify the potential problem.
- When creating formulas please note it is NOT recommended to have more than 10-15 conditions when using the IF, THEN or ELSE syntax.
- If this is something you are looking to implemement we suggest using a lookup table.
- Attached to this KB article is an example of a custom formula using the IF syntax, which is not recommended.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Compensation
- SAP SuccessFactors Variable Pay
custom formulas, compensation formulas, calculations, formulas, complex formulas, manage data, managing data, lookup tables, sf, success factors , KBA , sf compensation manage data , LOD-SF-CMP-ADM , Admin Tools, Settings, Permissions , LOD-SF-VRP-ADM , Admin Tools, Settings, Permissions , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.