Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Compensation
The Compensation module supports the ability to override system generated planner budget. You can access this feature by going to:
- Admin Center > Compensation > Compensation Home
- Manage Worksheets
- Budget > Budget Override (please see screenshot below)
- Select the Compensation Plan to apply overrides to and then search manager’s form by user name and add to plan list for budget override. You can add multiple plans (i.e. worksheets) to override.
The system will list any compensation plans that have been configured to use overrides, which is set by adding the line <comp-budget-override override="true"> in the template XML. If your current Compensation Templates are not configured to handle budget override then the Budget Override link will not be available when you go to the template's Manage Worksheets tab.
To complete tasks in Provisioning, contact your Implementation Partner. If you don't have a Partner, you can find for SAP Certified Partners via the SAP Partner Finder or, alternatively, speak with your Account Executive or Customer Engagement Executive about Professional Services options. On this specific scenario, you can also contact SAP Cloud Support via case requesting this change. For more information on Software Change Requests, please kindly refer to KBA 2195717 - SCR Form: XML Software Change Requests for Compensation and Variable Pay Programs - Compensation.
If you do not see the Budget Override link in Compensation Home > Manage Worksheets even if you have the budget override XML added to your template, the budget override permission needs to be turned on via RBP. Please follow these steps:
- Go to Admin Center > Set User Permissions > Manage Permission Roles
- Select the permission role you want to edit
- Click on "Permission..."
- Go to Administrator Permissions > Manage Compensation
If you would like a template configured to support budget overrides, please open a case with Product Support.
- Budget override is applied on individual plan (comp form).
- Budget override can only apply to compensation form templates with override flag turned on.
- Provide in-line edit to view and override current budgets for selected plan.
- The overridden budget will replace current budget and original budget will be backed up in backup column.
- Only last overridden budget will be kept.
- All budgets are overridden based on the factor.
- At this time, the budget override will not impact custom columns created at the individual level.
- The budget override will only change the overall team budget at the top of the form.
- The override budget factor will be applied when budget is recalculated.
The budget override feature is intended to change team budgets for individual compensation planners only. The override is at the form level, and therefore cannot be used to change the budget for an entire hierarchy, department, or other group of forms. If you want to make changes to the budget for an entire hierarchy or organization, you would need to override the budget for each form in that group. In order to move the budget from one executive to another, an administrator needs to override the budget for both executives’ forms, as well as the forms for every compensation planner below them in the hierarchy.
Reporting on Overrides
There are a number of reports available to validate Variable Pay data. Go to: Admin Center> Compensation Home > Select correct plan > Plan Setup > Validation Reports.
budget, override, RBP, XML, compensation, template, mode, plan, permission, add , KBA , sf compensation budgets , LOD-SF-CMP-BUD , Budgets, Budget assignment, planning and configuration , How To