This KBA only applies when ASE is running on Linux and with some versions of the tzdata package (which ones varies per country)
- ASE function getdate() is one hour different from the operating system time.
- ASE log entries are also timestamped one hour different from system time.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterpsise For Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise Cluster Edition
This problem is very dependent on the version of the tzdata package installed on Linux. To check your installed package version run the following Linux command:
rpm -qa tzdata
This should give some output like:
The problem is known to occur in Russia with versions 2014f, 2014g and 2014h and does not occur with 2014e. Chile has seen problems with certain versions also.
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 12.5 ; SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 ; SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 Cluster Edition ; SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0
tzdata Moscow Europe/Moscow MSK TZ localtime getdate UTC Linux , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.