Reproducing the Issue
- Scenario 1: The client has two Compensation templates, one for hourly and one for salary. You have already imported data for salaried employees and then later for hourly employees, but when you look at merit compensation forms for your salaried employees it states that no planning has been done. You want to know where the previous data has gone.
- Scenario 2: Employee is eligible, and the planner enters values for the employee. The employee is then inadvertantly made ineligible, then eligibility is restored. Upon restoring eligibility, the values entered are gone.
Scenario 1 is caused by an issue with the compensation eligibility flag for the users.
- When you have two compensation templates with only one import key for both salary and hourly, your data imports for one set of employees may negatively impact the other. We recommend for all compensation templates that every template using IMPORT_KEY use unique import keys. You should never share data import columns + IMPORT_KEY across multiple compensation templates and even cycles as a best practice.
- In this scenario when you ran the compensation cycle for the second group of employees, you most likely changed the eligibility flags for the second group and probably turned it off for the first group. Since the other template shares the same field (IMPORT_KEY) and your compensation cycle was still running, this caused the first group of employees to no longer be eligible for compensation and most likely why you no longer see expected behavior for those employees on the compensation plan.
Scenario 2 is expected behavior. When a user is made ineligible any values that were entered for them while eligible are dropped.
- To prevent Scenario 1 from occurring, we recommend your compensation templates are reconfigured to use unique IMPORT_KEYs pointing to unique import fields to control eligibility for each group of employees.
- For Scenario 2, set expectations with planners that they will have to re-enter any data for users who were made ineligible after eligibility is restored.
KBA , sf comp eligibility engine , LOD-SF-CMP , Compensation Management , How To