- This Article describes what to do when you receive the Error Receiving “Error: The comp standard field compensationEligible is defined with the custom field flag” when working within admin tools->Manage compensation plan templates.
- Receiving “Error: The comp standard field compensationEligible is defined with the custom field flag” when you attempt to copy or edit a compensation plan template from Manage Compensation Plan Templates
- When you go into admin tools->Manage Compensation Plan templates and attempt to copy a compensation plan or perform other actions that would update the configuration of the plan such as uploading Merit Guideline Matrix file, you receive an error (See Below). You also note that you were able to perform this action before without any error or issue and there was no change to the compensation template.
- You would be seeing this error because the Compensation Eligible field is a standard field and should not be re-appropriated as a custom field. You did not see this error before because there were a lot of changes to the validation of fields over the past year to improve on the integrity of the Data of the compensation module. This field defines the eligibility of an employee to be included in the compensation planning cycle.
To Correct this:
- Please go to admin tools->Manage Compensation Plan Template
- Go to the Column Designer and Delete the Compensation Eligible Custom Field
Save your settings
- If the issue persists after this, please raise a support ticket with Customer Success as the template configuration may need to be corrected as well.
Customer Support Note:
- If after the customer has removed the custom field via the Column Designer and the issue still persists, perform the following:
- Go Into Provisioning-> Form Template Administration
- Select and Open the affected compensation form template
- If the compensationEligible field’s isCustomField attribute is " isCustomField="true", please change the true to false
- Save the Template
KBA , sf error messages comp-varpay , LOD-SF-CMP , Compensation Management , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Core all versions