- This KB article helps to define Compensation Rating Sources.
- You can select the performance form or group of forms that the compensation plan will draw it's ratings from, ADD, EDIT or DELETE rating sources.
Note: Typically each new compensation cycle is linked to a new Performance form. Therefore build into your change process time to evaluate your PM rating needs.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Compensation
To access the rating sources used by your compensation plan, go to:
- Admin Center > Compensation > Compensation Home
- Select your plan
- Click on Plan Setup > Plan Details
- Select Rating Sources
- From here, either click on the Add New Rating Source button, or click on Take Action on an existing rating source
- Once you've clicked either, the bottom half of the screen will display several options to configure:
- Use for: salary, bonus, stock, all
- Rating Source: Performance Management Form or Employee Profile.
- If the latter is selected, the only other options will be Rating Type and Effective Date.
- If Performance Management Form is selected, you will see the options below:
- Form: Select from your available performance forms. You can have more than one source.
- While you can add multiple rating sources, only one source will apply to each person. For example, you might have 1 compensation form for 3 business units. Each business unit had their own performance form. So you can link all 3 performance forms to the one compensation worksheet and the system will automatically pick up the correct rating for that person from form they had.
- Based on the above you now need to consider the priority order for adding multiple templates. If every person only ever gets 1 PM form then this should not be an issue but if by chance a person might have received 2 or all 3 of the different versions of performance forms then the question becomes for these people "which rating is the one we set as a priority?
- Therefore enter the sources in the order of priority as the worksheet will grab the rating from the first form in the list if a person has a copy of that performance form. If not, then it moves to next in the list to see if they have a copy of that, and so on down the list until it finds a performance review for the person.
Completed Only: Yes No. If set to Yes, then the compensation form will only pick up ratings if the person's performance form was completed AT THE TIME OF LAUNCH. If the user has no completed forms at the time of launch then it will not update should the form be completed at a later time so could have a negative impact. Use Remove Member from form and Add Member to form features to correct this issue for users that did not have a completed form at the time of launch.
Most clients use Completed Only = True. It is best practice to always complete your performance cycle before launching your compensation worksheets. Therefore PM forms will always be completed first.
If a form has not been completed then the calculations on your compensation worksheets can be incorrect if the rating on the PM form changes yet the compensation worksheet is now at a step where that updated rating cannot be changed. This can lead to confusion and inaccuracies unless you have a very well planned compensation cycle that ensures that managers understand that ratings and values may still change, and where you have a process flow that allows for the worksheet to get the final PM score before the compensation cycle is finalized.
- Use Calculated Rating: Yes No
- Import Key: If you are using an imported value then set the field in your user import that you will use as the source.
- Scale: Select from your available rating scales
- Rating Type: Performance, Competency, Objective, Potential
Rating Fed in from Employee Profile
If your rating are available in the Profile section for your employees, Compensation is able to retrieve them.
You will need to make sure that the effective date used in the rating sources match the dates on the profile.
Rating scales used for the rating in the Profile can be edited in the "Matrix Grid Rating Scales" screen.
Additional validations now in place:
For VarPay and Compensation plan templates:
- For non-EC templates, comp-ect-input-field-map is NOT allowed under comp-rating-source.
- For pure EC templates, importKeyis NOT allowed on comp- rating-source.
- For hybrid templates, both comp-ect-input-field-map and importKey are required to import PM rating.
- If rating is to be imported from PM forms, neither is allowed.
- 360 template is not allowed.
For VarPay templates only:
1) If import-from-assignment = "true", importKey is allowed.
sf, success factors, CMP , KBA , sf compensation rating sources , LOD-SF-CMP-ADM , Admin Tools, Settings, Permissions , How To