How to Run the Compensation Aggregate Export Report and what information is available from the Compensation Aggregate Export Report?
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Compensation
The Compensation Aggregate Export Report allows the Administrator to export all of the compensation data within the system, most often to import into some other system or the HRIS.
When you need to report on the actual data in compensation plans it is best to use this report as opposed to using Employee Export from Admin Tools > Employee Export + Include Compensation Data for Plan, as when you use the employee export is is pulling much of its data from the Employee Information and NOT the actual compensation plans, whereas the Compensation Aggregate Export Report pulls the data from the plans. If new data has been imported, the data in employee information may not reflect the current data on the form, as compensation plans do not automatically pull in new data, or update, unless certain conditions are met.
The steps for this would be:
- Navigate to Admin Tools;
- Compensation Home;
- Compensation Aggregate Export;
- Select the desired Compensation Template;
- Select the desired options;
- Click Compensation Aggregate Export. The aggregated plan data is exported to a v4e file (see instructions for opening a v4e file below). Alternatively it can be accessed from Reports/Analytics > Classic Reports if a user has been permissioned to use this report.
This detailed classic report provides all of the compensation data within the system for your compensation process. Users need to be permissioned to see this report: Admin Tools > Manage Security > Dashboard / List View / Spotlight View / Report Permission > find user > Classic Reports (enable checkbox)
- If the option “Include User Info” is selected, all of the data from the employee import file, as well as data from the compensation plan will be exported.
- This includes the DISPLAYNAME column, even if you do not have the General Display Name feature enabled. In such cases, the Display Name column will populate as the employee's full name, or the values of the FIRSTNAME, MI, and LASTNAME columns stitched together.
- Unless dates are specified in the “More Options” section, data from all compensation forms, including those not yet completed will be included in the export.
- The report will be available via Scheduled Reports once run and you will be notified by email once the report is available for downloading. Please see the sample spreadsheet attached to this case.
- You can also have a recurring job for this scheduled in Provisioning (please contact your partner to configure it). The job's name is Compensation Aggregate Export.
How to Run the Report:
- Log into SuccessFactors using an account that has the proper privileges to run the Compensation Aggregate Export report.
- Go to the Reports Tab > Compensation > Compensation Aggregate Export.
- Choose the appropriate Compensation Template.
- If you would like the report to include User and Goal data, select the corresponding checkboxes.
- To specify a date range, expand the More Options section and enter the appropriate dates.
- Click the Compensation Aggregate Export button to start the report creation process. The report will be generated on the SuccessFactors server, and once complete, you will be able to download the report to your hard drive or company server.
- You will be prompted to enter a report name. This is the name that you will use to identify your report in the reports listing. This is not the actual file name. If you are running many reports, you may wish to identify this as "CompRpt mm-dd-yy" or something similar so you can easily identify it. You will be able to rename the file during the download procedure.
- After clicking OK, you will be told that your report has been scheduled. The screen will have a link to the Scheduled Reports area. You may also access Scheduled Reports by going to Reports Tab > Scheduled Reports (usually the last item in the list to the left, just above the Quick Links).
- Once you see the status read Completed next to the report, there will be two links available, "zipped" and "2 files". Either link may be used. The "zipped" link will download the 2 files together in a zipped file that you will need to expand once it is downloaded. This option is suggested if the file is very large, such as if you had over 5,000 users. Clicking the "2 files" link will list the 2 files that make up the compensation aggregate report, and each will be its own download link.
- Click the name of the first file you wish to download. Remember you will have to repeat all of the following steps for the second file. Notice that the file extension is v4e. This is the naming convention that SuccessFactors uses for many of its exported reports. The reports are text files that can be opened using Excel, but you must use the following procedure to open them properly.
- When prompted, click Save - do not click Open.
- The traditional Windows Save As dialog box will be displayed. Select the desired directory on your hard drive or company server, and click Save. Do not change the Save as type. If you choose to rename the file in this step, be sure to preserve the .v4e extension - otherwise Excel will not open the file properly.
If some reports are slow, please ask support to confirm if we have enabled the latest options to optimize performance for your reports. Available from Provisioning-->Company Settings-->Enable Quartz Scheduling for Analytics Reports.
How to Open a v4e File [also see Reports: v4e Files. Exporting, working with and converting .v4e files to .xls]
- Save the v4e file out to your hard drive/network drive (dont try to open directly from the webpage).
- Open Excel.
- In Excel click on File [ Open [(set file type to see All Files) [ (open v4e file).
- Text Import Wizard – 3 steps to open the file.
- Click “Next”.
- Specify ^ (shift 6) as the delimiter.
- Click “Next”.
- Columns with leading zeroes – click on column and convert to text.
- Click Finish.
aggregate, export, report, compensation, schedule, job , KBA , sf compensation reports , LOD-SF-CMP-REP , Reporting & Analytics, Data Imports & Exports , How To