- This KB article reviews working with Compensation Groups.
- Compensation groups can be used in setting up guidelines as well as budgets where you assign guidelines or budgets to the groups you define.
- Employees can be grouped into compensation groups and assign a particular compensation plan to that group.
- This solution explains:
- How to create a compensation group
- How to assign a member to a compensation group
- Changing plan membership
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Compensation
Note: The following may be set up using the User Interface or via imports.
CREATE A COMPENSATION GROUP
- You can import the group into the system by logging into the system and selecting Admin Tools > Compensation Group Import
Note: The USERID column contains the group planner, the GROUP NAME column contains the name of the group. To get a sample template go to comp export and export the template.
- After you add the groups to the spreadsheet, you can import the spreadsheet into the system, and the system will be updated with the new groups.
- Before creating groups, you will most likely need to determine how compensation groups correspond to the hierarchy within the organization.
ASSIGNING MEMBERS TO A COMPENSATION GROUP
- Once you create a new group and upload the group list into the system, you must assign members to the compensation group.
- In many organizations, compensation groups are defined by company hierarchy.
- It may just be a matter of assigning compensation plans to a series of direct reports.
- To assign members to a compensation group: Go to Admin Tools > Compensation Group Assignment
Select the target group.
- The group you created will appear in the target group picklist.
- Search for employees using the tools provided
- Click Assign to target group.
Note: You can assign members to multiple groups, but use caution as you could end up with two comp forms for one person if you generate forms for each group. However, it may be ok if a group wants to compensate an individual for say two jobs or roles separately.
CHANGING PLAN MEMBERSHIP
- Tools are provided in the Successfactors interface that allow you to move members between plans, add members to plans, and delete members from plans.
- These tools are located in Admin Tools > Compensation Administration.
Budget By Group
- For information about budgeting based on groups please see KB article 2084214
KB article 2084214 - Budgets Based on Groups in SuccessFactors Compensation
sf, success factors, CMP , KBA , sf compensation permissions , sf compensation groups , LOD-SF-CMP , Compensation Management , How To