Bench strength is not calculating correctly within the SAP Succession module, when process is implemented in system.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Succession Management
- One or all three elements that define how benchStrength is calculated is misconfigured. (Most times it is due to the admin updating the benchStrength or readiness picklist incorrectly).
- These Elements include:
- Readiness Rating Scale
- Org Chart Configuration (Found in Provisioning)
Note: If the implementation was configured to have the “Most Ready” level as the lowest value (in other words, reversed as defined above) and nominations have already been made, then changing the configuration to the correct configuration to make “Most Ready” the highest value will cause the nomination to change value. For example if someone was nominated with a Readiness of Less than 18 months, their readiness would change to 18 to 36 months.
Validate the following have been configured as noted below:
- The Readiness Rating Scale must have the “most ready” level as the highest rating
- The benchStrength and readiness picklists must reflect the same values as the Readiness Rating Scale. (See KB Articles)
- The Org Chart XML must also reflect the same values.
SF, Success Factors, SuccessFactors, Bench Strength, readiness, benchStrength, succession, SCM, ORG , KBA , sf org chart , sf internal , sf succession , sf bench strength , LOD-SF-SCM-ORG , Succession Org Chart , How To