When trying to import an Extended User Information file, the following warning message is displayed:
"The csv file was either missing fields, contained extra fields for certain rows, or certain fields contained invalid format or type". Because one or more errors was detected, NONE of the records have been added to the system. Please correct the errors listed below and reimport"
And the following error is displayed, specifying the issue:
"The fields in this header row do NOT match those defined for this section in the data model"
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Profile
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Admin Center > Import Extended User Information;
- Select the data file to import for users;
- Import Extended User Data File;
- The error message "The csv file was either missing fields, contained extra fields for certain rows, or certain fields contained invalid format or type". Because one or more errors was detected, NONE of the records have been added to the system. Please correct the errors listed below and reimport" is thrown;
- A list with specific error messages is displayed for each line that is causing the import to fail: "The fields in this header row do NOT match those defined for this section in the data model.":
NOTE: This error message can also be reproduced when importing the template file, provided by the system, without modifying any data, using option "Import by incrementally adding data".
This error message can be caused by hidden fields (hidden="true") defined for background elements (portlets) in the XML code of your instance. It can also be caused by missing fields or extra fields in the data file, not matching the data model definition.
To avoid this issue, the missing field(s) must be added in the data file; or in case the issue is related to extra fields, they must be removed from the file, matching the XML code of your instance. The suggestion is to always export the template or the file with employee data, and work on the modifications using this file provided by the system. You can see how to download the template in this KBA: How to download template for Extended User Information Import?
However, if there are hidden fields configured for background elements in the XML code of your instance, the template or exported file will not contain these fields. In case you know the hidden fields defined in your data model, you can manually include them in the file.
Another solution would be to make the fields visible again in your instance (hidden="false). To proceed with this Configuration Change Request in the XML code of your instance, contact your Implementation Partner. If you are no longer working with an Implementation Partner, contact SAP Cloud Support, under component LOD-SF-EP-SCR (Employee Profile).
EP background element import file Personal data file importing Live profile data , KBA , sf error messages succession , LOD-SF-EP , Employee Profile , Problem