- With the Position model is possible to nominate successors to positions, regardless of which employees occupy those positions.
- This can include TBH (to be hired) positions, not occupied by any employee.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Succession Management
To achieve this, the following features were introduced:
- A new entity called a position, which includes a unique position code.
- A position hierarchy, similar to (but separate from) the employee hierarchy.
- Support for displaying that hierarchy with the new org chart.
- Permission controls for managing positions via the org chart.
- A third nomination method, for attaching succession plans to positions (rather than roles or incumbents).
These features also form the foundation for workforce modeling, which is planned for a future release.
In this document and the product:
- A role is a job description and a set of competencies/skills required for that job. It can be as broad or narrow as the instance administrators want it to be. Roles are grouped into families.
- A position is a specific instance of a role that can be filled by an employee, or it can be vacant. For example, we might have a role called "Sales Director", and there might be 4 specific positions using that role (Sales Director West, Sales Director East, etc.).
- A job code is used to match an employee or a vacant position to a role. Roles can have multiple job codes associated with them, but employees can only have one.
- TBH means "to be hired" when discussing a position. Synonymous with vacant. Of the 4 positions described above, some could be filled and some could be TBH-but all will appear on the position-based succession org chart. (Only the filled positions will show on the regular org chart, however, since the system creates it using only data from active employee records.)
For more information, please visit Wiki Article: Succession Management - Legacy Position Nomination Method: How to Setup Permission, Configure, Sync, Import and Export
SF, SuccessFactors, SCM, Legacy Position Model, Configuration, Setup, XML, Org, Chatt, Successor, Nomination, , KBA , sf succession , LOD-SF-SCM-NOM , Nominations - Form Based and Formless , How To