- We sometimes encounter an error in provisioning stating “FTP Password contains unsupported characters.
- We however would be able to test the connection while creating a job and even able to access customer’s FTP account via browser by using the same credentials, but when we press “Create Job” button, we receive the above said error.
- This is a system limitation. In current logic, "|" "," "." "/" (excluding double quotes) are not supported in password while creating job. It is a limitation in current BizX application.
- It's a limitation for SFTP only. It's due to a limitation in a third-party library which we are using for SFTP protocol.
- As for now, the only solution is to change the password – Create operations Jira requesting the team to change the password for the FTP server, make sure you mention about the unsupported characters so the operation team can avoid using them again.
- After operations team provided us with the FTP credentials, be sure to cross check by doing the following:
- Log into their FTP server using the credentials generated by the ops team
- Also create a Job (test job), add details (for example: Employee Import), give in the host address, username and password.
- Do not set the occurrence to “Recurring” but just select one time.
- After you set the start time to a time in future, click on “Create Job” and then select “Submit later” from the pop-up you receive.
The aim of above testing is to make sure we are able to successfully click on “Crease job” button and therefore able to create a job.
KBA , sf internal , sf unsupported characters , LOD-SF-PLT-JOBS , Scheduled Jobs , LOD-SF-PLT-PRVR , Manage Provisioning , Problem