- What are the SF File Transfer Protocols?
Does SuccessFactors Support Secure FTP?
What SFTP method is supported?
**SuccessFactors only supports SFTP and HTTPS, since 2014.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
SUCESSFACTORS SUPPORTED FILE TRANSFER PROTOCOLS
- If the customer is connecting to a SuccessFactors hosted server we support:
- SFTP over SSH on port 22. File can be PGP encrypted. We will supply the customer with the name of the server to connect to, a login ID, and a password. If the customer supplies us their SSH public key, we can install it on our server. That will enable key based logins without a password.
- HTTPS. Customers can connect to our server using a browser. File can be PGP encrypted. We will supply the customer with the name of the server to connect to, a login ID, and a password.
- Data Centers
- Each SuccessFactors data center has it’s own file transfer server.
- Depending on what data center the customer is hosted in they will connect to one of the one of the addresses listed here: 2250792 - SFTP Public IP Addresses and URL's for Data Centres
- All customers using our servers will have two standard folders. /incoming, /outgoing. All data must be in one of these folders or in a subdirectory of these folders. Customers should not create folders or store files outside of these areas.
- If we are connecting to a customer hosted server we support:
- SFTP over SSH on port 22. File can be PGP encrypted. To set this up SuccessFactors will need the name or IP address of the server, the login id and the password. We cannot provide an SSH Key to automate this process. We only support password based logins to customer hosted SFTP.
- Note on PGP encryption: Encryption can be done using any PGP or GPG software. The party receiving the files always supplies a PGP Public Key. For files SuccessFactors is importing, we will supply the PGP key. We generate a unique PGP key for each customer instance. Customers with more than one SuccessFactors instance will receive multiple keys. For files SuccessFactors is exporting, the customer needs to supply the PGP key. We can accept multiple PGP keys from a customer. Exported files will be encrypted with ALL the customer keys. ANY individual customer key will be able to decrypt the file.
- Note on Passwords: SFTP and HTTPS both encrypt login information. So passwords are never visible during the file transfer process. Any communication between personnel at SuccessFactors and the customer must also be done in a secure fashion.
2250792 - SFTP Public IP Addresses and URL's for Data Centres
2798758 - SFTP server sftp-f.successfactors.com migrated to sftp8-s.sapsf.com
sftp8-s, sftp , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-FTPS , SFTP Account Creation, Reset Password & Install SSH Service , How To
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Core all versions