While trying to create a Goods and Service Receipt against Purchase Order system throws the error message as Purchase order item XXX cannot be confirmed. A goods and services receipt cannot be created for expense reporting items.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to go to Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Choose the Purchase Orders view
- Choose Purchase Order XXX (XXX represents the purchase order ID).
- Choose the New Goods and Service Receipt button.
- A Goods and Service Receipt floor plan open here you can see the error message : Purchase order item XXX cannot be confirmed. A goods and services receipt cannot be created for expense reporting items.
Since the Item in the Purchase Order is an Expense item the Goods and Service Receipt will be automatically created when the user submits an expense report.
Once the expense report is approved the Goods and Service Receipt will be automatically created our of the expense report. There is no need to create Goods and Service Receipt manually for items of type Expense Item
System works as designed.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To
SAP BUSINESS BYDESIGN 1708 ; SAP Business ByDesign 1408 ; SAP Business ByDesign 1711