Recruiting Marketing's Distance Search (also known as Radius Search or Search by Radius) allows public site users to enter a postal code and a radius in order to find jobs in a wider area. Distance Search requires Keyword Search, and can be enabled in conjunction with Location Search.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Marketing
When using the Radius search, a user can only enter a valid postal code into the zip code box, and as the user types, zip codes matching their entered digits will appear in a predictive text box, from which they can select a postal code.
- Only zip codes for countries with active jobs will display in the type-ahead. For example, if a client has jobs in the US, all zip codes for this country will be available in the type-ahead.
The RMK platform does not support certain zip codes, including military codes like APO, FPO and DPO.
- Not all countries/regions support this field. See Guide page : Countries/Regions Not Supported in Search By Radius Field
- Search by keyword must be enabled for the Search by Radius to be available for enablement
- From a data perspective, job data must contain both a country (in the standard ISO country format) and a postcode. For example, "Minneapolis, MN, US, 55408". If using Real Time Job Sync, specific field mapping is required. (see 'see also' section for error if this is not done properly)
- The search requires for the locale of the job to match the job location so for example Austrian jobs must be posted in AT_DE and the locale enabled in CSB for the radius search to return results. This is being looked at for enhancement.
How to enable
- In Career Site Builder.
- Go to Appearance > Global > Search Tab
- Toggle the "Search by Radius" to "YES"
- Enter default values for both Imperial (miles) and Metric (kilometers), separated by commas
- Enter a number in the "Default" box for the default distance search. This number must be one of the values entered into the values text box.
- Select whether location or radius search appears as the default; candidates can still choose to search using the alternative method.
Once enabled, Distance Columns will be available in Appearance > Search Results. Using this page, you can control which location information about a job displays in search results. The same columns are available as in the Relevance Columns menu, with one addition column, Distance. You can add or remove columns, or change their display order. You can also change the width of the columns, based on percentage of the page or number of pixels. This page controls search results for desktop and tablet devices.
3118021 Error 'postal code not supported' when using Search by Radius : Recruiting Marketing
radial, postal code, postcode, radius , KBA , LOD-SF-RMK-CSB , Career Site Builder , How To