Badges allow employees and managers to recognize each other outside of the normal performance and compensation management processes. Employees and managers can add Badges to each other's profiles. Users cannot add badges to their own profiles.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Profile
Please refer to the entry on Badges Block in our help portal for further information on usage, permission and translations of badges.
Please have in mind that badges can be added via People Profile, Action Search (Give a Badge To...), My Team Tile and Org Chart, but cannot be massively added through import - if you consider this an important subject for your business requirements we encourage you to submit an enhancement request by following the instructions listed on KBA 2090228.
Note that is only allowed to add comments up to 300 characteres in any way you added, even if there is not a statement about this like when you add via Action Search. When adding via Action Search and you exced 300 characters you will receive a message: [COE0019]Could not call add note. If you want to change this behavior please consider open an enhacement request.
If you have any questions regarding reporting on badges, please refer to article 2152166.
- As per the current product design it is expected that inactive employees can still receive Badges and to have them visible even though they are inactive.
- It is also expected that all badges (regardless of who gave them) are visible in an employee profile. E.g. Employee A gives Employee B a badge, Employee C goes to Employee B's profile to give them a new badge and is able to see the badge Employee A added. A per the current product design there is no way to control or permission badges. If you have permission to Give Badges, you should be able to see all of them.
- The "zoom in" functionality is not supported in badges.
- If you these are important topics for your business requirements, kindly consider submitting an enhancement request, as per 2090228.
- Badges Block
- 2152166 - Ad-Hoc Reporting on Badges - Employee Profile
- 2088630 - Custom Badges - Platform
- 3201264 - Custom portlets supported for contingent workers people profile
Employee Profile Badges, Badge, PP3 Badges, Badges Portlet, report on badge, inactive user can receive badge, badge visible for inactive user, zoom in badge, zoom badge in, zoom [COE0019]Could not call add note , KBA , LOD-SF-EP-BGD , Background Elements , How To