- Update error is returned when updating SAP ASE 220.127.116.11 to SAP ASE version >= 18.104.22.168 with saphostctrl method. This is a sample extract about what you might find out from dev_sapdbctrl :
[PID 3827] *** ERROR => 'Database live update' failed: execution of statement <> failed.
Error: Msg 911, Level 11, State 2: Server 'SID', Line 24: Attempt to locate entry in sysdatabases for database 'dbccalt' by name failed - no entry found under that name. Make sure that name is entered properly.
[sapdbctrl.cp 2592] extract from LiveUpdate.log :
10:09:31.388 sa user unlocked.
10:09:31.651 sa password set.
10:09:31.651 starting ASE install scripts...
10:11:41.382 LiveUpdate failed. Check dev_sapdbctrl for further information.
- On the sapstartsrv.log file you might find something like this:
[Thr 140737247659776] Wed Jun 25 09:51:36 2014
[Thr 140737247659776] Operation 005056B327DA1ED3BF87B10AE5A5D691 finished! Remove from OperationManager
[Thr 140737247659776] ***LOG Q0I=> NiIWrite: 127.0.0.1:0: send (32: Broken pipe) [nixxi.cpp 4599]
[Thr 140737247659776] *** ERROR => NiIWrite: SiSend failed for hdl 17/sock 21 (SI_ECONN_BROKEN/32; UD; ST; 127.0.0.1:0) [nixxi.cpp 4599]
[Thr 140737246914304] Wed Jun 25 10:11:41 2014
[Thr 140737246914304] *** ERROR => Operation::ExecuteNextCommand(): Command Live DatabaseUpdate terminated with errorcode 1 [Operation.cp 342]
[Thr 140737246914304] *** ERROR => Operation Worker Thread[id=005056B327DA1ED3BF87D2EEAF3FD691]: Command execution failed [Operation.cp 482]
[Thr 140737247659776] Operation 005056B327DA1ED3BF87D2EEAF3FD691 finished! Remove from OperationManager
- The error on LiveUpdate.log point to "/usr/sap/hostctrl/work/dev_sapdbctrl" file output:
Wed Jun 25 10:11:41 2014
[PID 3827] *** ERROR => 'Database live update' failed: execution of statement <> failed. Error: Msg 911, Level 11, State 2:
Server '<SID>', Line 24:
Attempt to locate entry in sysdatabases for database 'dbccalt' by name failed -
no entry found under that name. Make sure that name is entered properly.
- From the ASE error log <SID>.log we can see this line during ASE startup:
00:0008:00000:00014:2014/06/16 03:31:45.56 server Database 'dbccdb' is now online.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 for Business Suite
- SAP NetWeaver (NW) - All versions (or specific version if related only to a specific SAP Basis)
SAP ASE, dev_sapdbctrl, dbccdb dbccalt, Msg 911, CR 623613, saphostctrl , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.