Xcelsius hangs when trying to import a BEx query through SAP Netweaver BW SSL connection and throws the error: "Xcelsius has stopped working".
- SAP BusinessObjects Xcelsius Enterprise 2008
- SAP Netweaver Application Server
Reproducing the Issue
- Implement the crossdomain.xml file and set the parameter allow-http-request-headers-from domain to true.
- Set the default SAP backend call to HTTPs. This can be done by running the sm30 transaction in SAP Logon and setting the value through the RSPOR_T_PORTAL parameter.
- Logon to Xcelsius.
- Select 'Connections' from the Data menu.
- Select 'SAP NetWeaver BI Connection'. Xcelsius hangs and throws the error: "Xcelsius has stopped working".
The Client Authentication Mode Parameter of The SSL Access Point defined through the Netweaver Administrator SSL configuration is set to "Request".
- Change the Client Authentication Mode Parameter value to "Do Not Request".
- It's the required value unless the use of a different keystore view per port and in this case an adjustment of the Client Authentication Mode has to be done at a later time when configuring the x.509 Client Certificate Authentication.
More details are explained in the following SAP Community Wiki: Configuring the Use of SSL on the AS Java the AS Java by adding a new access point
Xcelsius, HTTPS, SSL, SAP NetWeaver BI Connection, allow-http-request-headers-from domain, Crossdomain.xml, sm30, RSPOR_T_PORTAL, hang, Client Authentication Mode, SSL Access Point, Netweaver Administrator SSL, Request, x.509 Client Certificate Authentication. , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Obsolete: BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem