Your requirement is to update the Holiday Calendar for country XYZ (where XYZ represents a country). Upon saving the required changes to the Holiday Calendar, system throws an exception:
An unhandled exception occurred.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Go to Overview view
- Search the activity Working day calendar and select the button Change immediately
- Select hyperlink Maintain an existing holiday calendar
- Select the respective Holiday Calendar to be maintained
- On the left section, select the row of the holiday to be changed
- Select Edit
- Select a holiday Type to define how the holiday should be calculated
- Select the desired target date and select OK
- Move the row changed to the right selection, to appear in the Selected Holidays list
- Go to the next phase and confirm your changes
- System throws an exception
When editing an existing holiday, you may have deleted or overwritten a holiday in the Holiday Calendar for the respective country.
When editing an existing holiday, do not delete or overwrite a holiday, because it could already be used by other processes like for example the computation of holidays for employees.
In the fine-tuning activity Working Day Calendar, when you edit a holiday from the List of Holidays, you can select the Type of the holiday.
When the type Floating Holiday is selected, you should not overwrite an existing date, but add additional dates for subsequent years via the Add Row button.
When the type Fixed Day of Week is selected, for example, in case you want to define a holiday for the 4th Friday in December, then from the List of Holidays, select the holiday which you created for the 4th Friday in December. Edit it and select the type Fixed Day of Week and enter the holiday rule only once which will be valid for all years.
Holiday Calendar, Maintain an existing holiday calendar, Floating Holiday, Fixed Day of Week , KBA , fixed day of week , holiday calendar , maintain an existing holiday calendar , floating holiday , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , How To