When checking the Journal Entry of a Goods Receipt and Invoice Receipt Clearing Run, you notice that the Partner Company ID is displayed for all items except for the line "Diff. from Purchasing" - here the field in column "Partner Company ID" is empty.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Inventory Valuation work center.
- Go to the GR/IR Clearing view.
- Select the relevant Run ID open a Log Result below.
- Go to the Postings tab and open the related Journal Entry ID via any of the line items.
- In the just opened Journal Entry, the line item for "Diff. from Purchasing" does not contain a Partner Company ID
This is expected system behaviour.
In order to derive partner companies for postings to the Sales Ledger (such as "Diff. from Purchasing"), ByDesign uses either the customer maintained in the Customer Project or the customer from the Sales Order. If the business partner maintained in both of those documents is not classified as a Partner Company, no Partner Company ID will be derived for the relevant line of the Journal Entry.
KBA , SRD-FIN-INV , Inventory , How To