*Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.*
- You print an ABAP list using the Unicode print solution UPE (Unicode Printing Enhancement, which is described in SAP Note #1812076 "Unicode Printing Enhancement (UPE)"), via an Output Device defined with a Device Type without the "List Driver" (for example: Device Type HPLJ4 or HPLJ5).
In this case, the UPE method does not work as expected. Only the characters supported by the code page of the Device Type will be printed correctly. The characters from other language regions will be not printed even though the UPE solution should ensure that this would work.
- You can check whether a Device Type uses a "List Driver" or not, if you select the Device Type in transaction SPAD, and then select
"Formats" -> <ABAP list format which is used> -> tab "Attributes" -> button "List Driver Attributes".
For example for device type HPLJ4, if you select format X_65_132 you will see:
If you see the above screen, you should also check the entry screen of the Device Type:
- Only if the marked entries are there in both places above, then the Device Type is defined without the "List Driver".
- SAP ERP 6.0, where UPE is enabled
- SAP NetWeaver, where UPE is enabled
- SAP S/4HANA, where UPE is enabled
- SAP ABAP Platform, where UPE is enabled
ABAP platform all versions ; SAP ERP all versions ; SAP NetWeaver all versions ; SAP S/4HANA all versions ; SAP Web Application Server for SAP S/4HANA all versions
KBA , BC-CCM-PRN , Print and Output Management , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.