An electronic payment (e.g. outgoing bank transfer) has been created for a business partner in the system and its transfer effected. This payment is confirmed in a bank statement of type MT940. Based on payment - and house-bank account details your expectation is that an automatic payment allocation will be posted against this payment. After uploading the Bank Statement you notice that Postprocessing is showing as Required. When opening the Payment Allocation you see that you have one or more payments with the same amount which are not being allocated automatically.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Liquidity Management Work Center.
- Go to Bank Statements View.
- Click on New button and then Bank Statement Upload.
- Fill out the Company, Bank ID, Import Format and add the file provided by the bank.
- Click on Start File upload button.
- Go back to Bank Statements View.
- You will see that new Bank Statement was created with Postprocessing status as Required.
- Click on Required.
- You will see that payments with same amount are not being allocated automatically.
Payment - and house-bank details are not sufficient to identify a unique payment transaction for automatic allocation in case similar candidate payments are recorded in the system. Additional references, clearly identifying the candidate payment transaction, are necessary in order to effect an automatic payment allocation.
Here the file provided by the house-bank does not have the ID of the payment maintained.
In 61 of the file NSTONONREF is maintained, suggesting no particular payment reference.
In order to resolve this issue you have to get in contact with your bank and request them to include the Payment ID in the file to be uploaded in the system.
- where YY represents the Payment ID.
Similar references in order to clearly identify confirmed payments apply for statement type other than MT940.
KBA , automatic payment allocation , AP-PAY , Payment Processing , How To