- When launching Lumira Desktop, the following error message pops up:
Failed to create the Java Virtual Machine
An error has occurred. See the log file...
- In Lumira Desktop log file under C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\configuration\, the following entries are logged:
- !MESSAGE Application error
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/swing/UIManager : cannot initialize class because prior initialization attempt failed
Caused by: java.awt.AWTError: Assistive Technology not found: com.sun.java.accessibility.AccessBridge
- SAP Lumira Desktop, version 1.22 or 1.23
- Windows 7 Operating System (32 or 64-bit)
Reproducing the Issue
- Launch Lumira Desktop
- Error message pops up
The Java Access Bridge is enabled in Control Panel -> Ease of Access Center -> Use a computer without a display -> Other programs installed.
However, Lumira comes with its own JRE environment which does not contain the Java Access Bridge libraries. Hence, the application is unable to be launched.
- There are three possible solutions.
- The recommended solution would be to disable the Java Access bridge, circled in red, then reboot the computer.
- If unable to disable the Java access bridge you can follow these steps to install Java Access Bridge libraries to Lumira Desktop's JRE:
- Download Java Access Bridge 2.0.2 (accessbridge-2_0_2-fcs-bin-b06.zip) from Oracle website: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/javase/index-jsp-136191.html
- Extract the zip file, and open the folder "accessbridge2_0_2"
- Make a copy of the following files to a separate folder
If you are using 64-bit Lumira Desktop:
If you are using 32-bit Lumira Desktop:
Now, move these files to their destinations accordingly:
|access-bridge-32/64.jar||C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\jre\lib\ext|
|accessibility.properties||C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\jre\lib|
|jaccess.jar||C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\jre\lib\ext|
|JavaAccessBridge-32/64.dll||C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\jre\bin|
|JAWTAccessBridge-32/64.dll||C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\jre\bin|
- The third method is to point Lumira Desktop to use your Java Virtual Machine:
- Edit C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\SAPLumira.ini in notepad or other text editor
- At the very top of the file add these lines (note they should be two separate lines):
- The path most likely will be different depending on the install and version of Java you have.
- Save the file and start Lumira.
Important Note: On install of a patch the second and third method will be overwritten with new files and will need to be done again.
sap, lumira, desktop, unable, failed, cannot, can't, launch, open, start, initialize, run, error, issue, problem, fault, failed, fails, failure, JVM, JRE, java, access, bridge, NoClassDefFoundError, cannot initialize class because prior initialization attempt failed, AWTError, Assistive Technology not found: com.sun.java.accessibility.AccessBridge , KBA , BI-LUM-DIS , Lumira Desktop/Discovery , Problem