- Trying to install a Sybase ASE Small Business Edition in a RHEL KVM Environment
- Running "sysamcap PARTITION" in the VM
- Starting the ASE server, the following error appears in the ASE log:
kernel SySAM: Failed to obtain license(s) for ASE_CORE feature from license file(s) or server(s).
kernel SySAM: Cannot determine the total number of processor chips on the machine from within this
virtual system. The ASE_CORE ("AR") license type is restricted for use on a
machine with a maximum of 2 processor chips regardless of whether the virtual
system is limited to use fewer processor chips. You need to run 'sysamcap' on
the physical machine (or virtual-machine/partition control domain) and set
the reported environment variable prior to running ASE.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
KBA , sub-capacity , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.