When you activate an Org Structure, system throws below error message:
DD.MM.YYYY to DD1.MM1.YYYY1 Business Residence XYZ cannot be moved from its current company
SAP Business BYDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Organizational Management work center.
- Select Edit Org Structures under Common Tasks.
- Set the Effective date.
- Highlight the Org Unit XYZ
- Check or Activate it.
There is a gap in the validity from DD.MM.YYYY to DD1.MM1.YYYY1 for the attributes Company, Company Attributes and Default Currency in the Org Unit XYZ. This can be verified in the Timelines tab (Planning Area) of this Org Unit.
To overcome this issue, please follow the below steps:
1. Go to Organizational Management work center.
2. Select Edit Org Structures
3. Highlight the Org Unit XYZ
4. Go to Timelines tab,
5. Change the Valid To date from DD2.MM2.YYYY2* to Unlimited for the Company (second row) and select Enter key in the keyboard.
6. Check the consistency of the structure.
*DD2.MM2.YYYY2 -> One day prior to DD.MM.YYYY
Org Unit, error, Business Residence XYZ cannot be moved from its current company , KBA , error while org activation , can't activate org , business residence can't be moved , AP-OM , Organisational Management , How To