When creating a Crystal report based on Business View, the option "New" is disabled for dynamic parameter in Parameter creation wizard
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a new report based on Business View.
- Click on 'Parameter' and select 'New' option.
- Select the type of the parameter as 'Dynamic' from 'List of Values'.
- In the 'Create New Parameter' wizard, it will only show you the option 'Existing'.
Business View is a semantic layer. It is not possible in Crystal Reports Designer to create a new Dynamic Parameter based on Business Views.
Note: You cannot create a new dynamic parameter in the crystal report based on universe, because universe is also a semantic layer.
- You can only use existing List of Values created in Business View Manager.
- If you want to create a new parameter, create it in Business View Manager and use it in the report.
Crystal reports, dynamic parameter, LOV, new, unable, create , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem