You have created a customer invoice for a Customer located in a different country, your company is based in Switzerland but the language of the company is French. In the customer invoice output form, the address get printed in German.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Documents view.
- Find relevant invoice and choose the Edit button.
- Go to View All then select the Output History tab.
- Open the document,you will find the country name is not in French but in German language.
In your company's master data, the language used is French, not German.
If the sender country and the receiver country differ, the system will always print the address in the language of the sending country since the postal service which needs to deliver the letter needs to be able to read the country name.
In this case, the language available by default in the system for Switzerland is German as per default setting in the Business Configuration.
You can change the default language settings.
The language of all countries is maintained in the Business Configuration in the fine tuning activity Countries as follows:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Implementation Projects view.
- Select your respective implementation project.
- Click on the Open Activity List button.
- Navigate to the Fine-Tune tab.
- Select the fine tuning activity Countries.
- Click on the Add to Project button.
- Open the fine tuning activity Countries.
- Click on the Edit Countries hyperlink.
- Click on the Filter symbol and enter desired country and press Enter.
- Select the General Attributes tab.
- In the Language field you can see which language will be used for the country e.g. FR – French
Form Template; Country; Language , KBA , AP-CI , Customer Invoice Processing , How To