How to make an SAP Jam user inactive or alumni?
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP Jam Collaboration
User has left the organization/company and you no longer want them to be an active user in SAP Jam
There are two different methods for making a user inactive in SAP Jam, depending on whether SAP Jam is integrated with BizX or IAS/SCI.
If SAP Jam instance is integrated with BizX/Platform
When the SAP Jam instance is integrated with BizX and the user data flows from BizX to SAP Jam, use the following method to disable the user account:
- In Admin Center, search for Manage Permission Roles
- Find the Permission Roles that have the following permission: General User Permission > Jam Access
- Remove the "Jam Access" permission
- Save the Permission Role
- Next time the Delta User Sync runs, the users that do NOT have the Jam Access permission anymore will be deactivated on Jam side.
If the SAP Jam instance is integrated with SCI/IAS
If the SAP Jam service is not integrated with BizX, use the following method for disabling the user account:
- Access the SCI/IAS Administration Console
- Go to Users & Authorizations > User Management
- Click on the user's profile that you want to make inactive
- Select edit (pencil icon on the top left)
- Update the 'Status' field to Inactive
- Making the user's status inactive in either system will automatically disable that user's access to SAP Jam.
- When deactivating a user on IAS, the user will not be able to login to any other application configured on IAS. When using the IAS User Provisioning functionality, there is no possibility to provision some users to JAM and to have some users only in IAS and in other applications. With IAS User Provisioning functionality, all users from IAS are provisioned in JAM and you cannot disable the users for JAM access only; the users will be disabled for all applications that are trusted by IAS. If you use the SAP Cloud Platform Identity Provisioning Service (IPS), it is possible to provision only a set of users, without affecting other applications.
- The selected user's profile is moved into the company's alumni directory and the user account is deactivated. Contributions from the user are not removed from SAP Jam when their user account is deactivated.
Inactive, Alumni, Delete user, remove user , KBA , LOD-SF-JAM-ADM , Administrator Access Request , LOD-SF-JAM-ALU , Alumni Users , How To