- When connecting to a BI 4.x system, the below error is returned:
- Could not reach CMS 'hostname:6400'. Specify the correct host and port and check for network issues. (FWM 20030)
- Any client tool or application is affected, for example Promotion Management (LCM) / Report Conversion Tool (RCT) / Central Management Console (CMC) / BI Launchpad
- From SAP Data Services (DS) Designer:
Logon failed to the specified system. Check system name, port number, user name, password, authentication method, and try again.
Additional information: <Session: Unknown>
- On recent 4.x patch levels, login to CMC or BILP or any client fails due to invalid CMS as it has not been mentioned in allowed.cms parameter. see SAP Notes 2493727 , 2943844 , 2630018 .
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.x
- SAP BusinesObjects Enterprise XI 3.1
- All supported operating systems (Windows / Linux / Unix)
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.0 ; SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.1 ; SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.2 ; SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.3 ; SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1
bip bi 4.x 4.* 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 bi4.x bi4.x bi4.* bi4.0 bi4.1 bi4.2 bi4.3 RCT, Report, Conversion, Tool, WIRC, Web, intelligence, rich, client, IDT, information, design, tool, UDT, universe, design, tool, hosts, ip, port, analyser analyzer life cycle lifecycle manager launch pad host name requestportasdf , KBA , emkba , biserver , BI-BIP-SRV , CMS / Auditing issues (excl. 3rd Party Authentication) , BI-RA-WBI , Web Intelligence , BI-BIP-IDT , Information design tool , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.