- What permissions are required to run one specific report?
- What issue will occur when missing one required permission?
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Take the "User Learning Plan report" as an example to demonstrate the required permissions to run it.
- Log in to the Learning Admin application.
- Go to System Admin > Security > Role Management and add a new Admin role.
=>By default, there are no assigned permissions for this role.
- Assign this role to one admin account (Don't assign another role to this admin account!).
- Use this admin account to log in.
=>Cannot access Reports tab, but only Home tab is shown.
- Add Run User Learning Plan Report under Reports category to the role and then repeat step 4.
=>Reports tab will be shown, but blank page will display after clicking it.
=>No report is accessible.
- Add Search Reports permission under Reports category to the role and then repeat step 4.
=>Now there are two reports accessible under User Leaning Plan group.
- Click one report to run and then try to search User.
=>Information "There is no records found" is shown after clicking Search button.
- Add Search User permission under Search category to this role and then repeat step 4 & 7.
=>User list will be shown for selection in search window.
- Add one user into filter to submit and then click Run Report button.
=>Getting stuck in Waiting in Queue status and never generate.
- Add View User Background Job permission under System Administration category and then repeat step 4, 7 & 9.
=>The report could be generated successfully.
So to run one specific report, the following permissions are required at least:
- Reports permissions:
- Run <report name> report (Every report will have one related permission in system)
- Search Reports
- Search permissions:
- Search <Entity name>(Item, User, etc., depends on the report input requirement)
- System Administration permissions:
- View User Background Job
report, workflow, workflows, role, permissions, permission, View User Background Job, search, generate, waiting in queue, Search Reports, , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-REP , Reporting Data , How To