Copy button is grayed out for payment term IDs 1026 and 1027 in the fine tuning activity Accounts -> Maintain Payment Terms
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Select Implementations Projects view
- Select the First Implementation and select Open Activity List button
- Go to Fine Tune tab
- Search and open the Activity Accounts
- Select the link Maintain Payment Terms
- Highlight 1026
This is the standard behavior. The Copy functionality is disabled, because the payment terms were created out of a specific enhancement of the standard code (Business Add-In (BADI)) provided by SAP for country France specifically. This enhancement supports both fixed date calculation as well as variable dates with percentage of discount (Based on the number of days after Invoice/Receipt Date).
This cannot be achieved and copying this would lead to inconsistencies as it does not support the above functionality.
SAP ensures that the standard is been delivered to all customers which is compliant for all countries. For country specific (e.g. for France in this case ) the SAP Globalization team provides the implementation with respect to that country.
Also providing this feature ( including copy functionality ) via Standard code would require changing the implementation logic which would affect other customers as well.
Hence the standard provide certain code exits where the SAP Globalization team would provide the code via backend.
- Please note: As precondition the country (France) must be scoped.
- Please note: If custom codes are required for a country, this can be handled via Partner Development.
French, Business Configuration, not possible, not available, unable , KBA , AP-PAY-GLO , Cross-Country Extensions , How To