You run the Project Cost and Revenue by Project Structure or Project Variance by Project Structure report.
You want to exclude a G/L account from the report and therefore apply a filter with the Exclude Function in the G/L Account field from the Edit Selection tab. After this the report displays some data incorrectly.
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Project Management workcenter navigate to the Reports List in and open the Project Cost and Revenue by Project Structure report.
- In the report enter the Project ID (Alternatively you can access the report directly in the Project in the Project Overview tab).
- Now add the G/L Account characteristic to the Selection by clicking Add Fields.
- Open Dimension: Accounting.
- Select Display in Selection Area for the G/L Account characteristic.
- Execute the report and move the G/L Account characteristic from Not Currently Shown to Rows.
- Check the result for a certain Project Task ID.
- The result for G/L Account XXX and Project Task ID in the Period Planned Cost column is amount X.
- Now exclude a specific G/L Account: In the Edit Selection tab click into the G/L Accounts field and exclude G/L Account YYY.
- Alternatively you can enter !(YYY) directly into the field G/L Account.
- The result for G/L Account XXX and Project Task ID in column Period Planned Cost changes to an amount different to amount X.
This issue occurs due to a combination of two settings:
- You exclude a G/L account from the report in the Selection tab of the report.
- In general the planned costs are derived from the Project Plan Expenses tab. Here you have defined an account determination group rather than the G/L account in the Expenses Group column: Open the project, navigate to the Project Plan tab and here to the
- Expenses sub-tab. In the report you can identify this setting by adding the G/L Account (Origin) characteristic to the rows: Instead of the G/L account ID # is shown.
This is a limitation on a personalized compounded field (here G/L Account) and only occurs when the Exclude function used in the Edit Selection tab of the report. The same issue happens when excluding values for the G/L Account (Origin) and Functional Area characteristics.
In order to correctly display the values, even when filtering for specific results, you can first try to deselect G/L Account YYY from the Edit Filter tab instead of the Edit Selection tab in the report:
- In the report navigate to the Edit Filter tab.
- In the G/L Account field open the value selection.
- Press Select All.
- Then remove the selection for the G/L account YYY so that it doesn't appear in the report.
Should the result for G/L Account XXX still be displayed incorrectly use the following workaround:
Copy and adjust the report:
- Open the Business Analytics Work Center.
- Navigate to the Design Reports view and search for the Project Cost and Revenue by Project Structure report.
- Click on the New - Report As Copy button.
- Change the name of the report in Step 1 - Define Report and Select Data Source.
- Go to Step 4 using the Next button.
- Do not make any changes in Step 2 and 3.
- In Step 4 - Characteristic Properties change the Value Selection for the Name G/L Account characteristic from No Value Selection to Using Variable.
- Don't make any changes in Steps 5, 6 and 7.
- Then save the report by pressing Finish.
If you run this report all planned data is displayed correctly regardless if it has been derived from the G/L account or from an account determination group.
The same workaround can be applied for the Project Variance by Project Structure report.
KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To