You are trying to open an exported adhoc report as Excel file (exported offline/ export to Excel) the below error occurs:
Error: The file you are trying to open '.....' is in a different format.., Verify that the file is not corrupted..
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core
- Ad Hoc Report
Reproducing the Issue
- Analytics/Reports > Analytics/Reporting > Adhoc report > Export a report as Excel File or Schedule report
- Save as
- Open the Excel file just saved
- Error message occur before opening the file
- Error: For any report in any instance try to export to excel (xls) and the pop up appears. If you click on open the following message is shown:
The file format and extension of 'report_XYZ_...........xls' don't match. The file could be corrupted or unsafe. Unless you trust its source, don't open it. Do you want to open it anyway?
- Click ok , then the file opened
This error occur when you are using Excel 2010 or higher.
This error occur when you are using Excel 2010 or higher and the option Generate Excel 2010 Output for Adhoc Reports' is not checked in the provisioning.
The current system behaviour cannot be changed as the error message is related to Excel behaviour.
The only option is to save the file before opening it.
- Error Opening file
- File format
- File is not Corrupted
|10616319 error opening excel.jpg|