You cannot change the Bill-To in a sales order.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Select the Sales Orders view.
- Select the sales order XYZ (XYZ represents the identification of the sales order).
- Click the Edit button.
You can see that field Bill-To is grayed-out. (This behavior is also happening for new sales orders).
The Bill-To party is grayed-out because the business option Redetermination of Bill-To party at customer invoice creation has been scoped. Selecting this option leads to the redetermination of address at the time of customer invoice creation and hence you cannot change the Bill-to in sales order.
Please check the Business Configuration scoping following the steps below:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Implementation Projects view.
- Click the Edit Project Scope button.
- Go to the Questions tab.
- Open Sales ->Customer Invoicing ->Miscellaneous Invoicing.
- Uncheck the question: Do you want to redetermine the address of the Bill-To party from the master data at the time of invoice creation?
Now the Bill-To name in sales orders can be changed.
Rechnungsempfänger, nicht bearbeitbar, Bill-To grayed out, not editable, , KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To