- What is the difference between a candidates Primary Email Address and Contact Email Address?
- What are the common issues when candidates have a different Primary Email Address from their Contact Email Address?
- Where can these two email addresses be viewed/edited?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Applicants with different Primary and Contact Email addresses face issues such as:
- Merging duplicate candidates
- Receiving email notifications
Difference between Primary and Contact Email Address
- When a candidate creates an account, Primary email and contact e-mail will be the same. (If"Use email as external applicant user ID" is configured in provisioning)
- If a candidate edits his/her e-mail on the candidate profile, the Primary email will not be edited, only the Contact e-mail will.
- Once created, Primary email address may never be changed by neither the candidate/user or anyone else.
- To access their account candidates need to always access with the Primary e-mail.
- Effectively the Primary E-mail is the user login or username
- The login will never change, only the contact email can be changed and this is the email address the system will use to email the candidate.
|Primary Email Address||Contact Email Address|
This is the candidate’s username upon login. In most cases this will be an email address but if the client is not using email as username this could be some other unique value.
All emails sent from the system to the candidate are sent to this email address
2601908 - Candidate does not receive the forgot password e-mail notification from the career site
SF, success factors, RCM , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-EML , Recruiting Emails and Notifications , LOD-SF-RCM-CAN , General Candidate Issues (not Offers, not Profiles) , How To