- Error 8213 is repeatedly reported in SAP ASE errorlog
- On systems running SAP applications on SAP ASE database, the Error 8213 is specifically reported on the buffer synchronization table, DDLOG:
Error: 8213, Severity: 20, State: 3
Failed to acquire address lock on object DDLOG
- There are concurrent DUMP DATABASE, DUMP TRAN (and/or CREATE INDEX) processes running on the ASE server.
- ASE server is unresponsive and inaccessible soonafter.
- The blocking situation does not resolve by itself. ASE server has to be either restarted OR DUMP jobs need to be terminated.
Latter may not be possible if ASE is inaccessible.
- Conditions under which this problem has been seen to occur:
- The database is typically very large (TB) and the DUMP therefore, takes several hours
- High concurrent activity including non-logged operations and/or CREATE INDEX occurs in the database while the DUMP is active
- Tables which use identity columns are present and the identity values need to be flushed by a system task
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise Cluster Edition (ASE CE) 16.0
8213, "address lock", "DUMP DATABASE", "DUMP TRAN", DDLOG, CR824186, 824186, CR#824186, CR818504, CR#818504, 818504, CR820386, CR#820386, 820386, CR782907, CR#782907, 782907 , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.