You have triggered Valuation for your project, however one of the project's tasks ended up in this valuation error.
Where XYZ is supplier iD and ABC is company ID
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Cost and Revenue work center.
- Go to Projects view.
- Select your project and click View Plan Project.
- Trigger the valuation if not done yet.
- Select the line with the red error status.
- Go to the Messages tab.
You find two error messages as follows:
- Valuation of Supplier <ID> in company <name> failed on <date>
- Cannot determine account origin for service in company <name>
- Navigate to the Services tab.
You notice that the error is raised from the entry which has supplier, labor resource and team member assigned, but Service filed is in blank.
Since a team member assigned in project againt this service is service agent so a supplier is appearing against the task, thus system treats this as an external service procurement. Hence in order for the system to valuate this, it is requires a service to be maintained, so that the valuation strategies given below can checked to get relevant price to valuate the item.
- Price from fixed source of supply
- Price from contract
- Price from list price
- Service cost rate
The other error for Origin Account is also related to the first one. Since there is no service product maintained, the system cannot determine the origin account correctly.
You need to maintain a service for this entry in the project for costing to go through. In order to do so, please follow below steps:
- Go to Project Management work center.
- Go to Projects subview.
- Select the concerned project and click Edit -> Project Plan.
- Select the project's task and go to the Work tab.
- On this list, you are able to maintain a service for the concerned team member entry.
After the above steps, the valuation can be done.
Note that if the record to which you need to assign a service is read-only, you need to add a new line for the service and team member assignment. After that, the old entry can be deleted.
Valuation of Supplier in company failed on , KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To