While accessing SuccessFactors instance via API user (for API call), using any integration tool, or when trying to set up an integration with an Assessment Vendor in Recruiting, the following error is returned:
<errorMessage> Authentication failed. Attempted login from unauthorized ip: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to company id: xxxx by username: user(status code = 8)</errorMessage>
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- An IP address restriction is needed to connect to the API if the API user was configured with a password policy exception.
- The login credentials to connect to the assessment vendor are incorrect.
For the first cause, please follow the below steps to add the IP (IP address returned in the error message):
- Search for "login policy" and access the option "Password & Login Policy Settings"
- Select "Set API login exceptions..." and click on the Add button.
- Enter the following details:
- Username: <user with API permissions>
- Maximum password age (days): <as per your requirement> (-1 to avoid expiry)
- IP address restrictions: <add the IP from the error message> (these are the IP addresses which will be allowed to access the API, you can provide multiple IPs separating them by a comma or you can provide an IP range, separating the IPs by a hyphen)
For the second cause, please reach out to the assessment vendor as they should be the ones to provide the credentials to connect to their environment.
Employee Delta Export UI, FAILED_AUTHENTICATION, Authentication failed, API, SFAPI, Integration, Unauthorized IP, Boomi, OData, API Login Exceptions, IP address restrictions, not expiry password, api user, login from this IP address is prohibited, status code = 8 , KBA , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , LOD-SF-INT-ODATA , OData API Framework , LOD-SF-INT-API , API & Adhoc API Framework , LOD-SF-RCM-INT , Integration Center & Intelligent Services , Problem