How to enable search for nickname/preferred name
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Make sure nickname is enabled in Manage Business Configuration (BCUI).
- Once it is confirmed, go to Admin Center > Configure People Profile
- Also add the standard field "nickname" to "employeeProfile" in Manage Business Configuration (BCUI) > Employee Profile > View Template > employeeProfile > "personalInformation" > Details.
- Also add the "nickname" field to "sysUserDirectorySetting" and "sysVisibleUserDirectorySetting" > Details.
- Once preferred name field is enabled in Configure People Profile and the value is maintained for all users, a Full HRIS Sync is necessary to update all records and to enable Preferred Name search in People Search bar.
enable nickname search, configure preferred name search, shortname search, nickname, preferred name, people search, search, global search, KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-SRH , Search , LOD-SF-EP-BCI , BCUI & Data Model (XML) Configuration , How To
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite all versions