- Key Figures are not listed.
- Hidden Key Figures of a BEx Query are not displayed in Crystal Reports.
- In the past, the hidden key figures of SAP BW BEx Queries were available to use on a report in Crystal Reports.
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- In BEx Query Designer, create a BEx Query with at least 2 Key Figures.
- Select one Key Figure, and in the "Properties" pane, under the tab "Display", select: "Always Hide"
- In Crystal Reports, create a report on the BEx Query that have the hidden key figure.
- In the "Field Explorer" pane, notice the Hidden Key Figure is not displayed in Crystal Reports.
In this example: the hidden key figure "Product Price" is missing in the Field Explorer.
- The functionality of hidding a Key Figure is actually to not show it in external application, therefore the behavior is normal.
- There was an issue on SAP BW that cause hidden key figure to actually display in external applications.
- The issue has been resolved in SAP Note 1473632, and this is why in the latest product update of SAP BW, the hidden key figures are no longer displaying in external application.
- If you want to see the BEx Query Key Figure in Crystal Reports, but still hide it from the initial view when viewed in BEx Analyzer, set the Key Figure display properties to: "Hide (Can Be Shown)"
- Open the BEx Query in BEx Query Designer.
- Under the tab "Rows/Columns", select the hidden Key Figure.
- In the "Properties" pane, under the tab "Display", set the "Hide" option to: "Hide (Can Be Shown)"
- Save the BEx Query.
Now, when reporting on the BEx Query in Crystal Reports, the Key Figure will be available to use on the report.
CR, Key Figures, Dim, Dimension, hide, hidden, SAP BW BEx Query, Bex Query , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013