- What is Manage Employee Groups?
- How to use Manage Employee Groups?
- Where are the groups created in Manage Employee Groups used in SuccessFactors instance?
Images in this KBA are taken from demo instance, any info similar in customer instance are purely coincidental
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SuccessFactors: Admin tools
- SuccessFactors: B1502 and later versions
Manage Employee Groups is the new shareable group type feature added in B1502 release. This group type will be different from the available My Groups that is available under Options as follows:
- It will include inactive users
- Groups can be created by one Admin (for instance, a PM Admin) and used by another (for instance, Comp Admin)
- The access point is from Manage Employee Groups under Update User Information on the OneAdmin page.
To allow access to this feature in Admin tools, follow the steps below (For Non-RBP instance)
- Navigate to Admin tools --> Set User Permissions
- Select Administrative Privileges and search for the required user to grant the permission
- Expand the Manage Users tab under the permissions tab and enable Manage Employee Groups (refer the screenshot below)
To allow access to this feature in Admin tools, follow the steps below (For RBP instance)
- Navigate to Admin tools -->Set User Permissions --> Manage Permission Roles
- Select the required admin role click on Permissions
- Under the Administrator Permissions category select Manage Users and enable Manage Employee Groups (refer the screenshot below)
Once the permissions have been granted, new groups can be created Admin tools --> Set User Permissions as seen in the screenshot below.
You can create new groups via Create New Group button and share the group (only dynamic group) by selecting the Share option under the Actions tab (Note: the share button is not available for static group that can be added via Import Static Groups )
Below is the sample scenario showing how dynamic groups created via Manage Employee Groups can be used for launching Compensation Worksheets for a group of users.
- Navigate to Admin tools --> Actions for all plans in Compensation tile
- Select the desired form template as shown below and click on Plan Setup
- Under Settings click and select Advanced Settings
- Search for Create worksheets by employee group and enable it
- Update the form template
Create worksheets using Employee Groups:
- Under Actions for all plans, select the template for which Create worksheets by employee group has been enabled
- Navigate to Manage Worksheets --> Create Worksheets (as shown below)
- A new page for Create Worksheets, fill out the required details in Step 1 and Step 2.
- Under Step 3 choose Select a group of employee check box a drop down to choose a group appears displaying list of groups created by you and shared with you by other admins
- Select the required group to create the worksheets
Groups will also show in the Mentoring Program creation page
dynamic groups, manage employee groups, static group, import static group , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-DYG , Dynamic Groups (My Groups - Not RBP) , LOD-SF-CMP-ADM , Admin Tools, Settings, Permissions , LOD-SF-MEN-ADM , Admin Center and Setttings , How To