You run a Spreadsheet report based on a Report Definition Files (rdf) and notice that the report you run shows the status Failed from the Scheduled Reports result.
When you check the related Job run via provisioning the job completed successfully.
- SuccessFactors HCM Core All versions
- Spreadsheet report
- Reports Export
- Job Schedule
Reproducing the Issue
- From your instance select Analytics - Reporting - Spreadsheet Reports
- Select the desired report. For this example we used the Login Report
- Clcik on the Login report, enter the required fields and Submin the report request
- The report will then be displayed under the Scheduled Reports tab. In this case with the Failed status
- Using the report name, date and time you can find the respective Job that run for this report via Provisioning -Montior Jobs - Report Export
- Once you identify the Job from the details you can see the following:
- Report name: Login Report
- Status: Completed.
The system behaviour is as designed. The Spreadsheet report may fail if the Report Definition Files version used is not matching the instance settings via provisioning.
In order to successfully run such reports the below approaches can be followed, depending on your system requirements.
Note: This step should be performed by Professional Services or Implementation Partners.
- Use the 2007 version of the report if enabled. In this example, Login Report 2007.
- Spreadsheet Reports are usually already configured and displayed via the Reports Center. In case the report is not available via Spreadsheet Reprots, from the Reprot Center, it could be that either the report is not active or was not uploaded to the instance. You may follow the below guidelines to activate or upload the desired report:
- Via Provisioning Managing Spreadsheet Reports - Import/Update/Export RDFs
- If the Login 2007 report is uploaded but inactive just tick the check box under the active column (Note: Only enable the reports you want to use/display)
- Save changes.
- The Spreadsheet report will now be visible via the Reports Center
- If the Login 2007 report is not uploaded you may contact Support to obtain the latest RDF file version.
- This option will enable the output for both 2003 & 2007 report/rdf version
- Via Provisioning > Company Settings > Search for MS Office 2010 (Analytics and Dashboard Tabs & Misc Reporting)
- Uncheck the option Enable MS Office 2010 compatible output for spreadsheet reports
- This option will use the 2007 report/rdf version even if the standard rdf is 2003.
- Provisioning > Company Settings > Search for 2007 Spreadsheet (Analytics and Dashboard Tabs & Misc Reporting)
- Uncheck the option Always use 2007 Spreadsheet Report templates for Standard RDFs
scheduled report, job fail, report output , KBA , spreadsheet report fail , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, YouCalc, ORD) , Problem