The replication of an employee from Employee Central to SAP ERP system via standard Boomi integration pack fails with an error message “MAX_LENGTH_EXCEEDED” .
Maximum Length of a particular field will be defined in SuccessFactors Employee Central System and in SAP ERP system. If the user is sending the data which exceeds standard value defined for a field i.e., for example if field length is defined as 32 Characters in SAP ERP system and corresponding value in Employee Central has been configured as 40 character then master data replication would fail with an error message ""MAX_LENGTH_EXCEEDED" if value for this field exceeds 32 characters when data reaches to Map step (where mapping has been done between Employee Central and ERP fields) of boomi process(Integration pack).
- The length of the values that are replicated to SAP ERP system via Master data replication, are limited in the SAP ERP system. If a value of the Employee Central (EC) field which is sent is longer than the allowed value in the SAP ERP system then Boomi interface throws an error : "MAX_LENGTH_EXCEEDED" .
Check the legth of the field defined in ERP system and configure field in Employee Central accordingly.
- How to check Max_Length defined for a particular field in SuccessFactors Employee Central system:
- Login to Employee Central System.
- Go to Admin Tool->Integration Tool-> SFAPI data dictionary.
- Search Max_Length defined for a particular field.
- How to check the field length defined in SAP ERP system:
- Login to SAP ERP system.
- Execute transaction : SE11.
- Enter corresponding table name.
- Which will then display : field name, data element, length of the filed.
NOTE: While configuring Employee Central system and SAP ERP system for master data replication process, consider SAP ERP system as a standard and do the configuration in Employee Central accordingly.
MAX_LENGTH_EXCEEDED error in Boomi, Field length variation. , KBA , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , Problem