When creating a New Cancellation Invoice, the Posting Date field is grayed out, you cannot change it.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Choose the Invoice Documents view.
- Select the invoice ID ABC (ABC represents the ID of the invoice) and click Cancel.
- In the New Cancellation Invoice screen, click View All.
You see the Posting Date field is grayed out.
The system behavior is correct since the posting period is currently in status Open and Not blocked.
If the posting period is open and an invoice in that particular period is canceled, the Posting Date field in the new cancellation invoice will be grayed out and read-only.
It assures that the invoice and the cancellation invoice fall into the same accounting period.
To be able to change the posting date, you need to close the period following the steps below:
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Choose the Companies view.
- Select the company ID XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the company)
- Click Set Process Control.
- Select the relevant Process Control and change the Process Control Status to Blocked.
- Click Save.
After that, you are able to change the posting date in the cancellation invoice.
posting period, accounting, set process control, facture, annulation, période comptable , KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To