You execute a GR/IR-Clearing run YYYY-PP-XXXXXXXX (YYYY-PP-XXXXXXXX is the GR/IR-Clearing run ID).
For Purchase Order Item ABC-NN (ABC-NN is the Purchase Order Item ID) you get the error message "Individual material is only assigned to retired fixed assets".
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Inventory Valuation work center.
- Go to the GR/IR-Clearing subview in the Periodic Tasks view.
- Search for GR/IR-Clearing YYYY-PP-XXXXXXXX and select it.
The Clearing run ended in Error.
- Click View and then View to open the GR/IR-Clearing YYYY-PP-XXXXXXXX.
- There is one error message under the General tab.
- Navigate to the Data Selection tab.
- The Run Parameters are maintained.
- Navigate to the Messages tab.
The error message is "Individual material is only assigned to retired fixed assets".
- Navigate to the Processed with Errors tab.
The Purchasing Document ABC-NN ended with error: "Individual material is only assigned to retired fixed assets".
The GR/IR-Clearing Set ID is PQR-LN (PQR-LN is the GR/IR-Clearing Set ID).
- Click on the ID to open it
At Line Item LN (LN is the line item in the GR/IR-Clearing Set ID PQR-LN). This Item is in status Canceled and related to Purchase Order Item ABC-NN.
You procure an asset via purchase order process.
You manually scrapped the fixed asset acquired via goods receipt before executing the GR/IR clearing run.
Hence the GR/IR run is not able to post price differences to the fixed asset.
You can find the Individual Material and the related Fixed Asset as follows:
- Go to Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Go to the Purchase Orders view.
- Click on the Purchase Order ID ABC-NN to open it and then View All.
- Navigate to the Items tab.
- Select Line Item NN (NN is the Purchase Order Line Item of ABC-NN).
- Navigate to the Account Assignment subtab.
- The Account Assignment Type is IMAT - Individual Material.
The IMAT - Individual Material ID is IMAN (IMAN is the Individual material ID).
- Go to the Fixed Assets work center.
- Go to the Fixed Asset view.
- Filter for fixed asset with Individual Material ID IMAN and click Go.
The related Fixed Asset is FAA (FAA is the fixed asset ID). The status of the fixed asset is Retired.
For solving this error, reverse the scrapping of the fixed asset and then execute the GR/IR clearing.
GR/IR-Clearing run have to be executed before performing transfer/retirement transactions on any fixed asset for assets acquired via goods receipt or invoice.
In such cases the offsetting account belongs to the Fixed Asset ledger.
The more frequently you execute GR/IR clearing runs, the more accurate the calculations involving the moving average cost or fixed assets.
GR/IR Clearing; WE/RE-Verrechnung; Anlage; Fixed asset; Individual Material is Only Assigned to Retired Fixed Assets; , KBA , SRD-FIN-INV , Inventory , How To