- When creating a new WebI document in InfoviewApp (ASP .Net), the applet seems to initialize but hangs at "creating a session" status.
- Other infoview .Net server at same patch level works fine where they can create webi reports without any issues.
- Issue started after a patch was installed.
- The isapi filter is well defined on IIS
- There is no error in Java Console, no error in IIS logs, Event Viewer.
- Generated Fiddler traces for both non-working environment and working environment. Observed that in Working environment cdzisapi.wis loads with result 200. Where as in non-working environment, cdzisapi.wis (cdzisapi filter) stops with the download sign. However there is no useful error on Text view.
- The cdzisapi filter itself is definied properly and the IIS application is able to access it without any issues.
Product Version: BO XI3.1 SP6
Product Patches installed: SP6
OS: Windows 2008 R2
CMS DB: SQL Server
Application Server: IIS7
JDK Version: 1.6.0_85
.NET or Java: .NET
Authentication Type: Custom SSO and Enterprise
Reproducing the Issue
- Open InfoView (on IIS 7)
- Click on new web intelligence document
- Select universe
Generated Process monitor logs for non-working environment.
Browsed through the logs and observed that msxml4.dll and msxml4r.dll are missing from C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folders of the non working system.
The Web Intelligence java applet was freezing while launching as msxml4.dll and msxml4r.dll are missing from C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folders of the system.
The issue is resolved by placing the missing msxml4.dll and msxml4r.dll files from a working system to the non-working system's C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder and an IIS reset was done.
After this, WebIntelligence java panel (applet) does not freeze anymore and can be used to create new documents successfully.
3.1 sp3 sp6 webi java panel applet hang freeze stuck .net IIS asp create edit , KBA , BI-RA-WBI-NET , Web Intelligence .Net , BI-BIP-DEP , Webapp Deployment, Networking, Vulnerabilities, Webservices , Problem