- Desire to have the settings for Languages (Primary & Secondary) and Currency to remain the same within the Library search after being changed once manually by a user.
- Expectation that the settings within the Library search remains the same as the settings within Options & Settings.
- What is the behavior of the primary and secondary language in the Library?
- The language is changed in BizX, however when searching for an item in the Library, the language is not updating.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- User perspective: User manually changed the catalog search settings for primary and secondary language.
- User changed the language within Options & Settings.
However the language is not being displayed within the catalog search.
There are still the settings made in step 1.
Working as designed.
- The Primary language defaults to the user's options and preference.
- when the user is created in LMS - depending on the method creation they will be assigned default preferences, if they are not allowed to change these preferences, this preferences inherently cascade as the Libray preferences (primary language).
- when we proxy as a user from Learning admin if we have another locale than the user and select "view UI in my language", the preferences applied will be taken from the user who is doing the proxy action.
- The secondary language selector field adds the flexibility for end users to explore courses in another language.
- There is no system default for secondary language in Learning. A user can select any enabled locale.
- Once you picked the secondary language, it sticks even when you log out and log back in. The system does remember your selection.
- The Library preferences are sticky for the session, meaning if the user did not log out of the session they will retain whatever they had set. Once they log out and log back in the Librry preferences will be based on the user preferences set in "Options and Settings".
SF, Success Factors, LMS, learning, User Catalog, Change currency, Language, library, primary, secondary, preferences , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CAT , Catalog , LOD-SF-LMS-LAN , Language Packs & Translation , How To
SAP SuccessFactors Learning all versions