You want to change the sales order reference in an automatic created project invoice request but you get an error message.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Project Management work center.
- Go to Invoice Preparation - Not Invoiced Time and Expenses view.
- Select project XYZ (XYZ is the identification of the project).
- Click the New - Automatic Project Invoice Request button.
- Go to the General tab.
- Remove sales order ID ABC (ABC is the identification of the sales order).
- Insert sales order ID DEF (DEF is the identification of the sales order).
You get the error message "Cannot update sales order reference; sales order items already assigned".
The error message states that the line items mentioned in the project invoice request XYZ belong to the sales order which is currently maintained in the Sales Order field.
If you now try to change the sales order reference to DEF the system will first check the line items in the project invoice request and as they belong to the sales order ABC system will throw the error message.
You first need to delete the line items in the Items tab for the project invoice request and then insert the sales order ID DEF in the General tab.
KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To