- What is the option "Use Analytic API" used for?
- When login to Salesforce.com in Crystal Reports, it display the option "Use Analytic API". What happen when checking this option?
- When creating a new report on Salesforce.com in Crystal Reports 2013, it show a new option called "Use Analytic API". What does this option do?
- Note: Images and data in this SAP Knowledge Base Article is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a new report.
- In the "Database Expert" under "Create New Connection", double click on "Salesforce.com"
- In the "Salesforce.com" login window, notice there is an option called "Use Analytic API". What is this option for?
- The option "Use Analytic API" was added in Crystal Reports 2013 from Support Pack 05, Patch 4, to take advantage of the new Salesforce.com functionality introduced in in Salesforce.com API version 29.0
- This option is used when reporting on Salesforce.com report to obtain more accurate field data type.
When reporting on Salesforce.com Tables, Salesforce.com provides precise data type for each field, but when reporting on Salesforce.com report, Salesforce.com does not provide precise data type for each field. When checking the option "Use Analytic API", Salesforce.com can then provide more accurate field data type when reporting on Salesforce.com report.
If an object used on the Salesforce.com report is defined as a date or date time, it will normally display as a string in Crystal Reports.
But when the option "Use Analytic API" is checked, it will display it as a date or date time data type in Crystal Reports as well.
- Since using the Analytic API option provide more precise data type, why isn't the default?
It is because the option "Use Analytic API" for Salesforce.com have the following limitations:
- It can only retreive a list of up to 200 Salesforce.com reports.
- It can only return up to 2,000 rows of data.
- It can only add up to 20 custom field filters for the Salesforce.com report.
- It can only have up to 100 fields.
Therefore, if you expect your Salesforce.com report to return more than 2,000 rows of data, or have a large numbers of Salesforce.com reports to select from, then this options should not be checked.
- Reports created in Salesforce.com are seen in Crystal Reports has Stored Procedure.
- For more information on the Salesforce.com option "Use Analytic API", see the Salesforce.com developers website by clicking here.
CR, SForce, Analytic API , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016